Year End 2021 Highlights
- Originated $1.7B of new aircraft deliveries and future commitments across seven airlines in Latin America, Europe, and Asia
- Executed sale-leaseback agreements for 39 aircraft including (19) A320/A321NEOs, (4) A320-200CEO, (8) B737MAX 8/9, (1) B787-9, (3) B737-800, (4) ATR72-600
- 85% of the portfolio is comprised next generation NEO, MAX, and Dreamliner technology
- Average portfolio age of 1.5 years and average remaining lease term of 11.0 years
- Closed $792M ABS transaction refinancing a portfolio of 16 aircraft an average age of 1.6 years and a weighted average lease term of 11.1 years
- Closed $600M revolving warehouse facility with a five-bank syndicate
San Francisco, CA –January 18, 2022- SKY Leasing (“SKY”) is pleased to announce its’ 2021 results highlighted by $1.7B of closed and committed aircraft transactions.
The acquisitions and commitments have been made across two funds managed by SKY including SKY Fund V, which was launched in 2021 as a successful follow-on to its’ 2019 vintage fund in partnership with M&G Investments (“M&G”). SKY’s total assets under management reached $2.6B at the end of 2021.
The new aircraft transactions were originated with seven airlines across Latin America, Europe, and Asia, building on the strength of SKY’s global customer network. SKY maintains one of the youngest fleets in the industry, with an average age of 1.5 years and a weighted average lease term of 11 years. These acquisitions are in line with SKY’s investment strategy of building a fleet of new and next generation aircraft on long-term lease with leading global airlines. The portfolio performance has been strong with a 99% lease collection rate in 2021.
“2021 demonstrated the resilience of our airline partners in the face of an uneven demand recovery. SKY has worked closely with its’ airline partners to provide sale-leaseback solutions for next generation aircraft allowing our partners to execute on their long-term fleet plans. Airlines are increasingly focused on managing unit costs and their carbon footprint, which only accelerates the demand for new aircraft and sale-leaseback financing” said Austin Wiley, Chief Executive Officer of SKY Leasing.
About SKY Leasing
SKY Leasing (“SKY”) is a premier aircraft leasing asset manager with offices in Dublin, Ireland and San Francisco, California. It was founded in 2019, in partnership with M&G Investments which acquired a stake in the business. As a full-service leasing platform, SKY leverages its experience, global network, industry insights and managerial talent to acquire and lease new and young mid-life aircraft. SKY’s corporate mission is to be a leading capital provider to airlines globally for sale and leaseback transactions. For more information about SKY Leasing, visit www.skyleasing.com.
For more information, please contact email@example.com