SKY Leasing Full Year 2022 Update
In 2022, SKY Leasing Leased, Purchased and Sold over 105 Aircraft
- Acquired 35 Aircraft, of which 87% are new technology narrowbody aircraft
- Executed sale-leaseback agreements or the lease placement for 26 aircraft
- Finalized sale purchase agreements for 8 aircraft subject to existing leases
- SKY established 13 new airline relationships throughout 2022 and expanded its global network of airlines
- Completed the sale of Sky Fund I Irish Limited (36 aircraft) to Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Limited
- Raised over $750 million of secured financing across two facilities with a group of eight leading transportation banks
San Francisco, CA –January 11, 2023- SKY Leasing (“SKY”) is pleased to announce its’ end of year 2022 results highlighted by a transaction volume in excess of $3.5 billion.
The transactions were originated with 14 airlines across all major regions including Europe, Latin America, and Asia, building on the strength of SKY’s global customer network. These acquisitions are in line with SKY’s investment strategy of building a fleet of new and next-generation aircraft on long-term lease with leading global airlines. “In 2022, we demonstrated the value of SKY’s investment management capabilities across purchasing, leasing, and aircraft sales. As airlines benefit from the passenger demand recovery, we are pleased to provide scaled fleet solutions for new technology aircraft” said Austin Wiley CEO of SKY Leasing.
SKY continues to find attractive investment opportunities for Sky Fund V increasing the closed and committed fleet to 48 aircraft with a weighted average age of 2.7 years and an average remaining lease term of 9.2 years. “Our institutional partners appreciate our successful track record of investing in opportunities with downside protection and long-term stable cash flows. With the increase in market volatility, we have seen a significant increase in demand from investors looking for specialized offerings that are less correlated to the broader markets.” said Matthew Crawford, Executive Vice-President Capital Markets of SKY Leasing.
About SKY Leasing
SKY Leasing, LLC (“SKY Leasing”) is a premier aircraft leasing asset manager with offices in San Francisco, California, Dublin, Ireland, and Singapore. The company’s fund management business was founded in 2019, in partnership with M&G Investments. Since 2016, SKY Leasing has invested over $7 billion to acquire new and young mid-life aircraft. For more information about SKY Leasing, visit www.skyleasing.com